I’ve just got my hands on an STM32 discovery board it seems like a great board for getting to grips with electronics, I’m a beginner to electronics and will be posting my progress with the board over the next few weeks as a series of tutorials starting with basic GPIO and progressing to controlling displays, usart and interrupts.
- getting a tool chain up and running, I use eclipse, the gdi++ compiler and the ST-Link tool and create the hello work blinking led program
- driving an external led via a GPIO pin
- driving an external led using a transistor and external power source
- A simple motor control program that can active a motor using an external power source, via a transistor
- My first H – Bridge (not using the STM board)
- Advanced motor control using a H-Bridge and STM32, includes changing the motor direction and braking!
- Using a Duo Red / Green Led to mix colors
- Controlling a 7 segment LED display with the STM32F4 discovery
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) and the STM32F4 Discovery – controlling the brightness of an Led
- PWM and the H-Bridge combined, for the ultimate motor controller!
- Using dual channel PWM to control a dual color LED to make a simple traffic light fading from green to orange to red
The items with links are the projects I’ve completed to date, the ones without links are in the pipeline! If you haven’t registered your email address already register now to get access to the full eclipse project and source code downloads
Also if you have any ideas for projects or any questions please get in touch